Leasing News Advisory Board Member Biography
- The School in Rose Valley, Pennyslvania
- PS 164 Chester, Pennyslvania
- PS 165 Chester, Pennyslvania
- P.S. 102 Kew Garden Hills, Queens, New York, 1949-1951
- Port Chester Elementary and Junior High School, Port Chester, New York, 1951-1952
- Mamaroneck Junior High School, Mamaroneck, New York, 1952-1956
- University High School, West Los Angeles, California, 1956-1959
- Santa Monica City College, Santa Monica, California, 1959-1962
- University of California at Los Angeles, California, 1962
- U.S. Army, 7th, Infantry, 1963
- United Bay Area Crusade, Radio-TV, Public Events, San Francisco, 1963
- KFRC News-Radio, San Francisco, editor, news editor, 1964-1967
- KGO News-Radio, San Francisco, news editor, 1967
- KGO-TV News, Managing Editor, San Francisco,1967-1968
- ABC-TV News, Editor, West Coast News Desk, Burbank, California, 1968
- California Assemblyman Leo J. Ryan, Administrative Assistant, South San Francisco, 1968-1970
- San Bruno Chamber of Commerce, Manager, San Bruno, California, 1970
- San Bruno City Manager, San Bruno, California, 1971
- American Leasing, Founder, 1971
- Medallion Leasing, founder/partner, 1974-1983
- Monte Sereno Wine, Monte Sereno, Ca. 1975
- Dividend Leasing, founder/partner 1978-1980
- Rivieria Finance Leasing, General Manager 1980-1983
- Applied Mortgage Systems Leasing, director, Fremont, Ca.1978-1983
- Meridian National Bank, founding director, Pleasant Hill, Ca.1981-1983
- Input/Optics, Mountain View, director,1990
- Metro Publishing, San Jose, Founding Director
- Silicon Valley Business News, former director, advisory board
- Silicon Valley Business Ink, director, advisory board
- Leasing News, President, 1999
- Credit Women International, First Male President
- Santa Clara Association of Credit Grantors, Past President
- Credit Professionals of Santa Clara Valley, Past President
- Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Professional Wine Society of Santa Clara Valley, Past President,
- Salvation Army of Santa Clara, Past President,
- Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Advisory Board, Past President,
- National Association of Equipment Leasing Brokers, Membership, 1994
- Valley Institute of Theater, Past Director,
- Chaine de Rotisseurs, Honaire Charge de Press
Pacific Coast Web Master
- San Jose Symphony, Nomination Chairman 1989-1999
- The Royal National Rose Society of Great Britain, Northern California Representative,
- Silicon Valley Business Ink, Advisory Board
- Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation, Chairman, 1998-2000
- Silicon Valley Arts Council, Director 2000
- UAEL (United Association of Equipment Leasing), Silicon Valley,Ca.
Regional Chair 1989-1999
Membership Chairman, 1994-1995, Director, 1996, 2002
- Serves on several community non-profit boards and has received
many awards and recognitions.
It meant a lot to me to receive the Salvation Army "Others" Award.
It is a high honor. I have been awarded the San Francisco District Award, "Silver Tambourine" several years ago for the organization of the Santa Clara County Board .
I have been active in all phases of Salvation Army work for thirty years as a volunteer.
For my two year service as chairman of the San Jose Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center Advisory Board, the Northern California District granted the "Others" Award. Our area takes in Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey Counties, where we run a six month "free" rehabilitation program, solely supported by our Salvation Army Thrift Stores. I ended my term, increasing donations and sales at the thirft stores through increasing automobile donation sales, developing and maintaining www.salvationthrift.com, helping to establish the largest retail store we believe on the West Coast, activating a Speaker's Bureau program, implementing many programs along with a great board of advisors, active in the committee system to accomplish our goals.
Chairman Ken Kelly, Councilman Linda LaZotte, Kit Menkin, Captain James Sloan.
Menkin Awarded Salvation Army "Emeritas Award"
Captain Howard Bennett, Chairman and Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Mary Jo Levinger, Kit Menkin, Past Chairman Ken Kelly.
This was the first such award in the San Jose four county districts ever given. A perpetual award in his name is to be awarded for volunteer work contributed. This was given for forty years of service serving as chairman, president, welfare secretary, and a list of accomplishments was read, as Kit Menkin takes his first sabbatical from the Army.
To learn more about what the Salvation Army does, I suggest: www.salvationarmy.org/webmain.nsf/sub/whatwedo
[Leasing News Advisory Board]